Webtool CRT200 DNV Approved Cable Gripper
- Hard Line Cutters
- Torque tool operated cable lifting tool for retrieval and decommissioning projects
- Corrosion resistant steel and stainless steel construction
- Design Verified by DNV-GL
- Mechanically locked gripping action to ensure cable cannot escape during retrieval
- Hydraulic free means no risk of leakage
- Can be used at any water depth
- Designed, manufactured and tested in accordance with DNV-GL standards
- Suitable for lifting cables and umbilicals
- Spares kit
- Additional blades
- Cable Gripper
- 17D or Hot Stab Receptacle
- Spare Teeth
- Operations Manual
- Certificate Pack
The Webtool Cable Recovery Tool was developed in consultation with international certification body and classification society, DNVGL, allows the safe and controlled recovery of damaged cable and umbilical, up to 8” (203 mm) diameter.
Current methods of recovering umbilical’s for repair or replacement are laborious, time consuming and expensive. They involve trenching the seabed around the cable or umbilical to allow a double choke sling to be attached using a ROV.
The tool comes with both Torque Tool and Hot Stab Interface options. Standard tool is shown above. Bespoke and custom designs to suit special applications are available on request.